View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 11:21 AM
ja.mes na.higian

Default At least you gotta reply with a reason for rejection..

Quote:
Hahaha. Just received this from ebay. This is laughable. What a waste of resources.

“Hi Conor,

We wanted to let you know that your order (below) is on the way, but unfortunately we can’t provide the Authenticity Guarantee you were expecting. The item was miscategorized when it was listed and isn’t eligible for this service. We know this may be disappointing and we’ve contacted the seller to let them know about the error in their listing.”.
About 6 - 8 weeks back I eBay W'd a 1980 Rickey RC in PSA 8.5 auctioned by 4SC. I was thrilled it was "only" $450. Come to find out about two weeks later, it was rejected by the Authenticator.

I was never once informed of this. I had to figure it out on my own. Thank goodness I have a relationship with 4SC and was able to communicate to them about it. Unfortunately, they did not deliver on their promise to sell me the card directly for the same price after they rec'd it back. I see they auctioned an 8.5 off again a few weeks after my plight ended. My guess it was the same card. They got $525. Wonder if it passed the second time? My guess is it did.

Many here will think this system works and is a good thing in that they feel the authenticator caught an error in the original grading process. Why then was there zero explanation presented to me, the LOSER BUYER who thought he had a great under VCP buy at $450? If PSA throws a card in a slab and then basically tells their clients they F'd up, how does that make them look?
Unfortunately for me, I have 22,000 other PSA slabs that could be in question...