View Single Post
Old 04-17-2023, 05:25 AM
jim qu.inlisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Hmmmmm?

I am curious as to why you would be so quick to condemn this buyer? You looked at the feedback he had left for others, but did you then even bother to look further at the feedback ratings for those he left not so great feedback for? Because if you did, you would have seen that one seller only had about a 94% positive feedback rating, while two others had much worse feedback ratings of only about 91% and 92% positive feedback. With such obviously not so great positive feedback ratings like that, it is not hard to believe that this buyer may have been entirely correct and proper for leaving the negative feedback he did for them? And as for the fourth negative feedback he left, that seller had a 99.5% positive feedback rating, but the buyer saw fit to call the seller out for what it appears he/she felt was an obvious S&H overcharge. The giveaway there is the rather telling first response point the seller posted back to this buyer - Was the card damaged at all? Instead of explaining why the card's S&H would be that much cost, they just blew it off as basically saying the card wasn't damaged, so what the hell are you complaining about? I was always under the impression that S&H charges were not supposed to be additional profit centers for sellers. And can also tell you I positively dislike sellers that rip-off buyers with such jacked up S&H charges as well. Pretty scummy way sellers hope buyers will bid without paying attention to the S&H charges. If such sellers really want to use the S&H charges as sort of a reserve/minimum bid, why don't they just honestly jack up the starting bid amount instead of screwing around with buyers like this?

But you decided to go ahead and not do a deal with this buyer, who obviously has had a not insignificant number of positive purchase transactions with many other sellers on Ebay (though he/she appears to not really bother leaving feedback on their purchases much). Which is fine, it is your stuff for sale, and you can do what you want with it. But then why go on an online public forum/chatroom and call out and specifically naming such a person as a bad buyer, without really having any clue as to the actual details and facts behind any of these four separate transactions? You have absolutely no sales/transaction experience with this person yourself whatsoever, yet made your call it seems based solely on bad experiences he/she had with others. Which begs the question, did you really think so badly of this potential buyer, or is it possibly more because you do or have done similar crummy things as a seller that these four that got left negative feedback had done, and are therefore afraid that if you completed a transaction with this buyer he/she would have the balls to call you out and leave negative feedback for you if they got similar crappy treatment from you as a seller as well?

See how that can go both ways? Think twice......post once!
Respectfully disagree. The 91% feeeback seller was 100% until he ran into that buyer. The 96% seller was 100% before they ran into that buyer. The next one, where the seller responded, was a $6.50 card where the seller took the time to pack it in a bubble mailer sandwiched between corrugated cardboard and taped a penny sleeve (should have been cardsaver) ao it didn't get damaged. One of 2 negs for that seller out of over 400 in 12 months. He also complained about shipping costs. Maybe he didn't look at the listing before he bid. The last feedback I thought was so bad was that he complained about the cardboard being like a cereal box. Again that seller's only negative. The feedback right next to his said his cards were so well protected that even USPS couldn't ruin them. That feedback complained about him using a cereal box to protect a .99 card.

I did spend some time looking at the sellers and almost all had no problems until they dealt with him, It's why i posted this. It takes a minute to ad him to your blocked list and then you won't go from 100% to less than that. Out of at least 314 transactions he saw fit to leave 15 feedback and of those, 26% were negative.

I'm not blindly trashing a buyer but I'd rather not deal with somebody with such bad luck that so many deals go bad.