View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 10:26 AM

Sirius is one of the most confounding Auction Houses out there.

Let me offer an honest and perhaps contrary view.

I have been a consignor for years.
Consignment fees are very reasonable, even on the cheaper cards.

I can tell you that your experiences with communication are the same as mine.
I can never reach them. Ever.
About two years ago I stopped trying.
I simply prepare a consignment spreadsheet (Card year, player name, card #, Grade and cert #), send it to them, and magically they get listed in the next available auction or sometimes the auction thereafter.

After an auction ends I receive my proceeds by check within 2-5 weeks depending on their check writing cycle.
There has never been a glitch.

If looking to consign for the first time, I would send them a small batch of cards, insured with tracking and wait for those to be listed. Be sure to include your remit to address for your payment. I also include my phone number and email address every time.
The listing of your cards should happen seamlessly although there is some angst when you do it for the first time.

I know; it would be really great if you could at least talk to someone! But nope.
Once your first batch has been listed they have an account set up for you automatically and you can then rinse and repeat for subsequent consignments with some comfort.

As a Bidder, Sirius is great. Every item starts at $1 with very reasonable increments and they have one of the lowest buyer premiums in the auction game which makes them very attractive.
Its also a great place if you are bottom feeder for slabs.

After you send your payment you receive your cards in very short order.

Yes it is correct, there are no back scans and that might be more concerting for the consignor too if you've got #'d modern refractors. Most of those are numbered on the back and not mentioned on the PSA flip.
Great bargain hunting on those for bidders.

Overall; the lack of communication is a huge negative. Everything else about Sirius though makes me a willing consignor and active bidder.