View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 02:01 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Show was jam packed today. Parking in particular was really bad as their was a pet show and dance competition in the othe halls. As I was leaving, it sounded like folks were required to have exact change for admission. From the dealers I talked with sounded like sales of cheaper (sub $500) were doing well, but higher priced items weren't really moving. As usual, the best part of the show for me was talking to Dave and his wife (Baggers), Tom Botticelii, and Scott (Aquarian Sports Cards - who by the way has a great looking SGC 7 WWG Ruth coming up for auction!).

My WTF moment of the show was when I asked the price of a PC796 Cobb, I got a response of "its not for sale." If its not for sale, why bother having it in your showcase? I could understand if this was an auction preview, or even a significant "WOW look at that" type card like a T206 Wagner, high grade 52 Nantle, etc to grab peoples attention, but this doesn't seem like that type of card. Ironically, this is the 3rd time this particular dealer has had items on their table that I've asked about and either the items were not for sale or were not priced yet. If anyone can give a good reason why a dealer would do this, I would love to hear it.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers