View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 05:45 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Default Because we needed ONE MORE thread about binders

Guys, I have collected for over 30 years, and I've read a gillion binder threads. I'm sorry to start another one, but I do have one nagging issue I'd like your input on. I won't get into the vertical vs. horizontal storage argument. I've used both with no issues.

HOWEVER, (here it comes) my OCD regarding vertical storage is starting to get the better of me. I've not had issues with sagging or damage. That's because I know to keep them properly full and up against other binders (but not too tight) on the shelf. Many of you have posted great pictures of that over the years. I love seeing them. I just don't think I want to roll the dice with that any longer. Horizontal storage seems safer, but it takes up a whole lotta space. I'm not uniform in my binder purchases historically. I have Archival Methods binders with slip cases, Binder Tek binders with slip cases, and Ultra Pro binders. The slip cases stack well.

A few years ago, I bought a few Binder Tek slip cases to use with my Ultra Pro binders. Not a perfect fit but good enough. The last few binders have all been Ultra Pro (no slip cases). Now that I'm opting for horizontal storage, I'm thinking about spending some cash for more slip cases. I'd need about seven. It's a matter of about $150 to get all that I'd need. I'm cheap and can't hardly stomach that. You guys who have multiple binders and don't store vertically, what do you do with your binders? I'd love to hear that I don't need to spend that $150. I'd rather blow it on cards.