View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 10:51 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Hi Russ -

Sorry to hear that you're not enjoying the vault. You raise some important issues (among other things) that I think have scared off most of the rest of us from participating. Since I don't use any vaults, including this one, I don't have any personal experience.

But...according to the website, if you take your items out within 90 days, there's a 3% fee. And shipping is $1 per item. They also claim to not charge sales tax, although there is some exciting weasel language about how you are still responsible for paying for your own tax (like good old use tax). I understand some other vaults do charge you the sales tax, so hopefully they don't stick you with it here.

My experience reading a lot of the advertising and marketing pieces is that all of the vaults have been pushing hard to get people to sign up and send everything to the vault, so they've been offering some pretty low rates and fees on everything. Hopefully the low rates they're quoting on their website are accurate, and they don't hit you up with some additional garbage fees.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes if you do ask to get your items back.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 02-17-2023 at 10:52 AM.