View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorditadogg View Post
Well articulated and duly noted. But, for me, part of the fun of collecting is being able to show some of my cards to non-collectors, and Moonlight would be a great one to show.
Thank you. I'm happy to see many great responses to my thoughts versus the first time I mentioned anything years ago!

I fully agree with your point above, Al. The character of Moonlight Graham is someone that many people are familiar with, so sharing the real Graham's memorabilia would be of more interest to non-fans and non-collectors alike. You can also explain this entire backstory as we've been discussing: the real Graham and the magical, fictitious Graham.

For those that collect Graham's memorabilia (and we all know you're invested into it directly because of the book, the movie or both! ), it would make sense to also collect Burt Lancaster and W.P. Kinsella memorabilia. They are the ones that should truly be thanked for your fandom of the actual Archibald Graham and without whom you'd have never fallen for Moonlight memorabilia!