View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 03:18 PM
Rich v@n He$$

Default Baseball card Image Database

Maybe Im just overlooking an obvious tool, but Im also having a hard time believing something isnt available. Im interested in finding an image oriented database for vintage baseball cards. Ultimately, I'd like to search for a player (lets say Cy Young) and then just see a time-ordered image/example of each card Cy appears on. Likewise, I'd like to search by set (lets say 1951 Bowman) and then see a card-numbered order of each card in the set. I know this is ultimately more complex than it seems and there will always be holes and question marks and other complications - but Im really surprised there isnt more out there - unless there is and I just need to take a holiday nap.

VCP does a pretty good job of showing card images at times (sometimes they dont and Im not sure what differentiates when they show images on the page header and when they dont). PSA and Ebay, of course, can be great sources as well.

What do you guys use or maybe more importantly - what would you suggest to a newcomer who wants to see A LOT of examples of sets/players?

Thanks and happy holidays.