View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 09:43 PM
George E.

I look at the auction page all the time. Those saying that it is crowded with random stuff and dominated by a few people aren't looking very hard. There aren't that many active auctions going, and only three active auctions are allowed at any one time by one person, and everyone abides by that. The auction section is fine in that respect. It isn't disorganized or overrun. Subfolders would definitely make things worse.

One change that I believe would make it better for buyers and sellers would be to have a set weekly close time for all auctions (perhaps this was mentioned, I didn't read all the comments), You can add an auction anytime, but the close time would be the set time (perhaps also with a 5 minute after last bid extension policy to mitigate the snipe effect). This way, bidders could easily keep track of the auction end times, and, presumably, there would therefore be more active bidding each week. It would be a weekly event, and the event would attract greater participation. maybe.