View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 10:29 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

The Hilton Garden Inn about 2 miles up River Rd is $214-244/night from the 25th through the 30th. One king or two queen beds with Hilton Honors. You can enroll in Hilton Honors for free. They also have a free shuttle to the convention center. At the end of the day they will also come down and pick you up if you call.

If you don't mind staying west of the airport the Hilton properties in Elk Grove, Addison and Schaumberg are all less than $150/night. Don't forget that you can park at the CTA (subway) station about ½ mile north of the convention center. It is $7 for up to 14 hours and an easy walk.

I am skipping it this year. The last two weeks of June my wife and I are going to Paris and Vienna. The cheapest Hilton in the city of Paris is a little less than €500/night (hotel taxes are only about $2/person per day). It is a boutique hotel in the 8th arr. That is with me being a Hilton Gold soon to be diamond member. At least breakfast is free instead of the $22 each per they charge. Fortunately, only 3 days there until switching to a hotel closer to my event; the World Olympic Collector's Fair at the stadium in the 13th arr. which is about ¼ the price. Vienna Hiltons will be much cheaper, 1/3 to less than 1/2. I like the one on the Danube. Big rooms that face the river. Breakfast included that you can eat on their large patio right on the river. Walking distance to the subway line and the Futbol stadium.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”