View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 11:26 AM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I cannot fathom how my multiple statements, citing three specifics and then a blanket clause counting every single defense primary electee except for Smith, could possibly be simplified any further. There is no difficult word, no hemming and hawing, and it has been stated several times. It is already at its simplest. I do not understand why you need me to write everything 5+ times for you, and then keep asking me to state things I have already said in very simple and plain words again and again. It's right there for you already.

Yes. Because it is true. You didn't link an argument for Hernandez, you quoted in bold a statement of his belief without the argument. An appeal to authority, the authority of James. An appeal to authority is not reasonable. A thing is reasonable based on the supporting facts and merits of the argument itself, not what authority supports it. If we are arguing by appeal of authority, here's the trump card: "The Hall of Fame is the final authority and clearly things Hernandez does not belong. Therefore he does not". Which, of course, isn't logical, as it's just an appeal to authority.
Oh boy, your flustered again. Time to shut the thread down....