View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 02:29 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Be honest, does any of this really surprise you? We live in a world where NFT's are still a thing, and crypto bros continue to defend to the financial death, their low rent, highly laundered, completely unhinged currency schemes.

PSA is childs play compared to most of the con games trying to suck peoples wallets dry nowadays.
I think there is a massive difference. In the world of Crpyto Bros., the Crypto Bro's think that they know when the dump is on their pump and will win. The resulting action makes sense, given the foundational belief. I don't think that foundational belief is true. On the other hand, if I'd kept the bitcoins I got to play around with the tech (the underlying blockchain tech has numerous possible reasonable uses, not just silly BS like NFT's) when it started, I would be retired today at 31.

I totally get why the people with the connects love PSA and pump the graded card scheme. The oddity here is that so too do many people who appear to be cognizant it's also a facade. Many, members here and not, complaining about the grading scandals, subjectivity and corruption, keep buying graded and furthering that very scheme they are cognizant of.

That's the big difference. People buying into NFT's and crypto things its a game rigged for others, they think they are in on it and intend to make others the bag holders when it blows up. This is the element that surprises me, the numerous collectors who know the game, are not on the inside of the game, and still continue to play it anyways. It's very unusual.