View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 04:23 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
lolz
There is a backstory with this particular card though that I think likely had an effect on its drop in value. I recall reading that someone from PSA made it known that they rejected the card for trimming. Also, I think the BGS black label scandal likely played a role as well. Basically, big pocket investors lost confidence in this particular copy of this card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
IMO the whole BGS Black Label thing is rather foolish to begin with, and, if an expose on Blowout is to be believed, subject to favoritism if not outright corruption. Textbook example of buying the flip. Nothing wrong with that until you lose a million on it.
I'm generally dismissive of a lot of the accusations that get thrown around in this hobby, but I'm as certain as I could possibly be that the BGS Black Label scandal is an actual conspiracy, not just a theory. The percentage of black label cards going to one guy is simply far too improbable. Add in the fact that he just so happens to be a former employee... ya, LOL. He absolutely received favorable grades. This is not someone with an "eagle eye". You could crack out and resubmit 100 BGS 10 black labels and you'd probably only get 5 back, if you're lucky. It's all a complete joke. No card is truly perfect. I could find a flaw on every single card I've ever looked at.