View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 10:26 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by timn1 View Post
Damn, some of you people are condescending. You’re seriously telling me that adding “Clarence” to the description would have made a difference. Get real.

Thanks Todd and some of the other posters for getting the point. The rest of you , take a hike.
John's comment was straightforward and helpful. Ultimately, it has the potential to be far more valuable than, "damn, it sucks your card only sold for x."

Regarding "Clarence" in the title - yes, that would help. When one or both of the players' names is common, many buyers save their favorite payer's full name in their searches. For instance, I look for Steve Carlton cards. Without including both Steve and Carlton in my saved searches, they would yield too many results.

As for 99 cent opening bids, they're a gamble. There are items which perform spectacularly, some that draw no interest, and others which sell at the "market" price. Of course, there are also some shilled to high heaven which give the illusion of success. It's a mixed bag.

If you have a general price in mind, set your starting bid accordingly or list as a buy-it-now. Take eBay recommendations for what they are: recommendations; not mandates. Start your auction at a bid you're comfortable with. If it doesn't sell right away, take advantage of the "relist for free" feature.

I'm legitimately trying to help. If it comes off as condescending, please know that's not my intention.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (190/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra