View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 02:03 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
So the saga rolls on with Brady's final, not so final, TD ball. Back at Lelands.

https://auction.lelands.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=110677

Sure most board members remember the last chapter with the voided $500,000 sale. Sitting a little under $30,000 today.

The interesting twist is how bizarre the Brady saga is playing out. Have you seen a picture of him lately? He looks like hell. Who knows what's going on with this guy. Is he sick? Has his wife packed up and left with the kids? It's all really really odd. Even by Brady standards.

If this auction ended tonight I might have paid 30 or 35 K for this ball. I'm not convinced that he's going to play this year. Or ever again. He might turn around next week and just say f*ck it I'm going back home. I look at pictures of him and I think something just looks very off. Without being insensitive or flip, if this was a guy I work with or an old friend and I saw after some time some of these recent pictures would make me think he is very ill. But he says he will play. If he does play I'm predicting 2 or 3 games max and then back to Giselle.

Would you buy this ball theoretically tonight for $30,000? Auction doesn't close for a few weeks so the answer will be clear before the ball sells.
Not sure I would pay 30K for it but you are 100% correct that he is a wild card. As incredible an athlete as he has been there has been controversy around the retirement issue. Not quite Brett Favre caliber stuff but pretty close.