View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 04:59 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
I cannot control how you or anyone else feels or reacts/responds to things I might post here. I know what my intent was. Clearly you do not want to accept that so you are essentially telling me that I am a liar, which is fine. If someone wants to get emotional over a post, which is a bit irrational, then so be it. I guess that is their...choice but they should be prepared then for whatever comes next.

And to I never even thought my "quip" would have been interpreted any other way than the way it was intended. I honestly felt that we would see an onslaught of listings on eBay and elsewhere of people trying to cash in on the 52 Mantle fervor. It has taken place with the T206 Wagner, signed 33 Goudey Ruths and Gehrigs (some of which may have been signed in the last 2 years) and there are others.

As an aside, maybe the time has come where we should all consider having complete disclaimers at the end of actual posts on "controversial" topics. Might cool some tempers.
These posts have accused people of becoming unhinged, called others absurd, and accused other people of pumping a card. Tone the rhetoric down and there would probably be less of an issue. Or don’t tone it down because that is your right but then understand why some people think those posts are a bit much.