View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 03:34 PM
Jeremy W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
You don't know me for shit, pal. So don't pretend to know my motivations for what I type. I could not give a rat's ass about the price of my cards. Maybe you "invest," since you typed about that above. If we're going to ascribe motivation behind posts, perhaps you're not pleased with the state of your own cardboard investments relative to cards like the Mantle? Not all of us look at our cards as investments and not all enthusiasm is financially motivated. I buy cards because I collect, though I sell on rare occasion when I have doubles or want something new. As to your questions about the card, yes: I know as much about his cards as you or anyone, for that matter.

You don't seem to understand the very real concepts of eye appeal or centering in the vintage space and how they in effect create rarity, from your comments about the sheer pop of the card. It is specious at best and disingenuous at worst to cite sheer pop numbers, when we all know an overwhelming percentage of those that exist possess average eye appeal. At best.

I don't need to nor have I ever "pumped" anything. Let alone the standard-bearer of the hobby, alongside the Wagner.

I believe that to be genuine.