View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 02:55 PM
Daniel R.

Default PSA 2 with the Heart of a PSA 5

Long story short, I bought the below card for $63 on ebay this afternoon. When I saw my winning price, it seemed like a steal to me. although my collection normally adheres to pretty strict PSA 3-4 guidelines, in my eyes, this card was a PSA 5 if not for subtle (albeit somewhat large) crease in the middle. I tend to avoid creases at all costs, but to me the overall quality of the card totally trumped the somewhat visible crease (particularly for a 2 grade).

This got me thinking, is 2 a crazy grade for this card (or others like it)? Or is it really a pretty cut and dry rule of PSA that any creased t206 cannot get higher than a 2? I have seen so many PSA 3's who's overall condition and appeal seem worse than other 2's with a slight crease in them. Maybe I have my rose colored glasses on, but I feel this card deserves alot better grade.

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were about how good of a deal I did/did not get, and a more general question on how you view creases in terms of grading and overall card appeal?

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg conroy t206.jpg (171.3 KB, 451 views)
File Type: jpg conroy t206 2.jpg (176.9 KB, 452 views)

T206 HOF'ers: 3/76

Instagram: @TheRasmussenCollection

Last edited by drazz5; 08-12-2022 at 02:58 PM.