Thread: August pickups
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 05:15 PM

From a "Value Vintage" PSA sub that finally made it's way back to me.

Arrived at PSA 3/11/21, checked in 4/22/21. Assembly on 7/11/22 and grades on 8/8/22. Arrived back to me in RI on 8/10/2022.

Since those were sent in early 2021, they cost $12 per sub plus shipping and insurance.

I traded for the Yaz from a local card shop when I was about 14 or 15, back sometime around 1990-92. I traded an entire box of "good" cards from that era. I think even then, the dealer was giving me a significant break because he was excited to see a kid wanting a Yaz RC.

It's only a "3", which feels accurate. It completes a little run I have of Yaz flagship Topps cards from 1960-1979.

The '65 League Leader card is a strong 4, I think, and any leader card with Mantle on it tends to command a premium. I'm happy enough with the grade.

I love vintage Topps League Leader cards, and so should you. The 1964 Topps NL HR Leaders is one of my favorites, and features 4 Hall of Famers. I was pleasantly surprised that this got a 6. I was hoping for a 5.

The Sutton RC is off center. When I submitted it, I was hoping for a 7(OC), but then PSA stopped doing qualifiers, so I was figuring it'd get graded a "5".

Two 1969 Topps, both OC...again, I was originally thinking 7(OC), so was pleased when these came back straight 6's.

Was 17 months a long time to wait to get these back? Absolutely. But at this point getting solid grades on them and paying $12 each feels pretty good.