View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 08:28 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Anyone reading your question to Frank would have assumed you were asking about his "background and experience" as a doctor, not a fan and collector. As you are now spinning it, it makes no sense. Just my opinion. Carry on.
Hmmmmmmmmmm???

I only know what I thought and meant, and sure as hell wasn't spinning anything. I've often been accused on here of writing too much, which I do so that what I'm saying is complete and as clear as possible. If I had wanted a medical opinion from someone, I would have stated I wanted a medical opinion. Quite honestly, I had forgotten about someone even being a doctor when I responded. But thank you for going ahead and making an assumption on your, and apparently everyone else's behalf, as to what I was thinking and meant!!!

I gave that one post the benefit of the doubt and figured it was made as a joke about letting Trout know what all the "experts" on here were telling him to do, because if you go back and read the actual posts, no one was telling Trout to do anything. And rather than commenting on it and pointing out the potential sarcasm and error in that one response, I just simply asked the person posting to respond to the actual serious question I had originally asked and was hoping to hear his, and other people's opinions and responses on. In other words, just looking to get the thread back on track. But guess what, because of other posters making more jokes and comments and continuing to ignore the question and instead making assumptions as to what they believe others are saying/thinking, no one has yet to really respond to the original, serious question about how Trout's ability and playing level going forward could affect how his legacy as a player may end up being perceived.

So thank you to those that have once again succeeded in hijacking and turning a thread from its original topic, talking about Trout and how his current injury situation could affect him now and going forward. If I had even remotely meant what you insinuated, I would have owned up and admitted to it. If I am wrong about something, I'm the first to admit it and apologize for it. I'm also open-minded enough to actually listen to things that others say, and can have my mind and thinking changed when presented with logical, sensical facts and civil arguments.

And in an attempt to try once more to get this thread back on point, why not actually post a response to the question about how Trout's future ability to play ball could affect his legacy if he were to continue playing at a much diminished level, or if he decides to retire early?

Carry on yourself!