View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 05:45 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhoff122 View Post
Another member mentioned Jack Corrigan as a suspicious actor further up on this thread. Well, Jack Corrigan responded to my post (WTB: 1985 Topps Tiffany set) a few days ago via email (not PM) simply with "How much are you willing to spend?" Interesting way to engage a potential buyer, I thought. I responded and we arrived at a price, which, not coincidentally, was the I said I'd be willing to pay. He probably would've agreed to any price I said. We went back and forth for a couple of days and the exchange got sketchier and sketchier. When I asked him for his Net54 ID he couldn't provide it b/c he "wasn't able to log in at that time." He sent me Venmo information with a different email address. I suggested we use PayPal Goods and Services (and he agreed, oddly enough) but when he sent me his PayPal address it was yet a third different email address. Anyway, keep an eye out for this guy.

Also, re: PayPal G&S, are you fully protected through that if you don't receive what you paid for? The fact that he was willing to go that route, had me wondering.
I am sure that person was a scammer. I do know that many of us on here use multiple email addresses. As an example just 2 days ago I done a deal with a member and both of us use our wifes Paypal. Then I know some that use both personal and work email addresses so just using multiple emails in itself is fairly common on here from my experiance.