View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 01:13 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
When I went to Fenway in 1989, players signed. A lot has changed since then.

I have heard players sign at spring training
Yes, spring training seems to be more lax but that still depends on the players.

Flippers are the one's that ruined it and you can see them at every game and outside every celebrity hangout in LA with their stacks of 8"x10"s and sharpies. To be honest, without paying for the right to ask, if you are over the age of 12 then good luck at any event.

This is why many players personalize the auto with a name, they know it screws the flippers...it's not by accident. I also don't blame them one bit for doing it.

Some players are just class acts though for fans. I was at an event with my son the rookie year of Calvin Johnson, he stayed an additional hour and a half after the rest of the team left as he refused to not greet someone who had come to meet him. He never complained and smiled for them all. Class act.

Here we are after quite literally a thousand fans had already left. My son's face shows he literally did not know what to do when meeting a hero, lol...

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.