View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 03:23 PM
Danny Gr|mes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
I have to wonder, other than t206 Wagner, 33 Goudey Ruth, and 52 Topps Mantle buyers who are incredibly wealthy, at the top of the pyramid at this time, who is buying cards in this economy? Certainly not many married people trying to survive. Only someone who is very wealthy is able to play this game. Joe Average can't, and be able to live too. And I think that a high percentage of regulars on this forum are just that, very wealthy. Not griping, not jealous, or any of that. Just perception. Thus the hobby for these folks is selling, buying and trading very expensive cards that most people simply cannot afford.

I’ll be the first to own up to the reality, I don’t think I can afford to get back into the vintage hobby (happily married, children, out growing our current home). I personally was blown away by prices the last few years and am very grateful for what I still own. I’ve been fishing believe it or not, it’s the cheapest hobby still to date!