View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 05:49 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonballsun View Post
Anyway, guns are dangerous, beyond a doubt.
I notice that in all four of these incidents no gun discharged itself of it’s own volition. People choose to do things, and some people make terrible choices (though it’s not clear to me the wife one was necessarily in this category). People make bad choices with all manner of tools. One is more likely to be bludgeoned to death with a heavy object than to be killed with any kind of rifle (mostly what the regulators and banners want to regulate and ban).

A friend of mine was stabbed in a street robbery a couple years ago. Was that the fault of the criminal who chose to rob and stab him, or of the knife itself? I think almost everyone would say the person who did the stabbing.

Guns themselves are extremely safe (some collectors pieces from long ago are a different story), and have numerous safeties that eliminate any chance that they will discharge without a person putting their finger on the trigger and pulling it.

Criminals will commit violent crime with any tool at hand, legal or otherwise, as history shows us. I don’t see how a responsible citizen being permitted to defend themselves should they be the victim makes the world or society less safe instead of more safe. Places swamped with guns are often the safest places. There has never been a crime committed at my sportsman’s club.