View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerunhitter View Post
85-90%!? Yikes!!! I wonder why even collect autographs at this point. And before someone says it….I know I know!!! go do my own research before buying but guess what? When I’m an old fart and go to resell my “researched” autos, potential buyers are not going to give a rats ass that I did my research! They could care less if me, you or do one one else says an autograph is authentic! (They would rather it slabbed authentic by a TPA like psa or Beckett or a jsa sticker on it!)
F*#k the TPAs. Biggest scam ever put over on the collecting public. Their self-proclaimed "expertise" is no better--and often far worse--than that of a long-time collector. And that vaunted CoA?

"This Certificate represents my opinion. Nothing more. If I'm ever found out to be wrong, tough shit. I never promised you anything. You have no recourse. (But I still have your money.)"

If selling your collection to a bunch of know-nothings has got you worried, consign it to an auction house. They'll deal with "authentication."

Last edited by David Atkatz; 06-06-2022 at 05:27 AM.