View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 11:19 AM
Michael

I had intended to make my last post the last one I made on abortion in this thread. However, I realized something about you and I decided to make one more last post to point that out.

You repeatedly railed about me and others not agreeing to the Merriam Webster definition of “pro-life.” Yet, there are countless examples of you not applying “common sense, context or the dictionary” to the meaning of words.

(A) You displayed your lack of understanding regarding the definitions of “choice,” “law,” and “right.” You seem to apply your own definitions.

(1) For example, you think that if a “law” is passed, it automatically removes a person’s right to a “choice.” That is absurd. For example, there are speed limits set by law. Let’s say the speed limit on the road I’m driving on is 60 mph. Do you really think that takes away my choice of going 75? No, it doesn’t. I also think it is humorous that you think I could tell the officer giving me a ticket, “But officer. I had no choice. A law was passed regarding the speed limit and that took away my choice. The fact that I was going 75 isn’t because that was my choice, because I had no choice. It was probably an act of nature or divine intervention, but it wasn’t my choice. So, since it wasn’t my choice, I don’t think I should get a ticket.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
You cannot believe in an absolutist, hardline with no exceptions “right to choose” and any meaningful rule of law. Law is intended to constrict and punish certain choices people make, that is the purpose of every law. You clearly know this, as you even specify prison as a result of unlimited free choice.
(2) You conflate “choice” with “right.” Look up the definitions and you’ll see you’re not using the words properly.

Example 1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Making a law does not take away a person's choices, there is no correlation between a "law" and a "choice."
Quote:
Okay. So everywhere in the world there is the right to have an abortion and always will be. It's just the law punishing people for their free 'choice'. What's the point of discussing abortion at all if you think there is a universalist right to it is already present?
Example 2:
Quote:
So, let's get back to my original question. What choice(s)s do you think people should not have? And a follow-up question, how do you propose to take that choice away from people?
Quote:
What choices do I think people should not have? - Already answered. I think you are picking your words wrong again. I am not in favor of rolling back rights.
(B) You change the definition of “and” to “or.” Here’s a little logic for you. If you say “A” and “B”, that is only true if “A” if true plus it is only true if “B” is true. If you say “A” or “B”, then that is true if either “A” is true or “B” is true or “A” and “B” are true. You claimed you only posted after I and BobC posted. I pointed out that wasn’t true because I didn’t post until after you did. You said that since you posted after BobC posted, that makes it true. Hence, you want to redefine “and” to be “or.”

Quote:
You and BobC just had such nutball extremist takes I couldn’t resist pointing out the absurdity of the false pretenses of ignorance.
Quote:
My first post in this thread was Post 115. You first posted on this subject in Post 97. But, yeah. You didn’t post until my “nutball extremist takes.” Sure, if it makes you feel better, disregard the truth and keep telling yourself you only posted because of me.
Quote:
Read. The transcript is public and visible to all. What I said and you even quoted was "You and BobC just had such nutball extremist takes I couldn’t resist pointing out the absurdity of the false pretenses of ignorance." Post 97 is me replying to BobC. So... exactly in line with what I said...
(C) You ironically want to change the definition of abortion. Look up the definition of abortion and tell us all how you can have an abortion after birth.

Quote:
I think it is extremely sad that “women’s rights” has largely become a phrase to mean access to any abortion at any time for any reason, among the hardliners even after birth. Post birth abortion is beyond vile and disgusting.
All these posts because:
Quote:
You and BobC are the only ones evidently incapable of understanding that words have meanings, that are not picked on the whims of any single individual.
Quote:
You are not reasonable because you refuse to accept that language is not up to your sole arbitration and refuse to apply common sense, context or the dictionary.
And yet, you constantly applied you own definition to commonly used words.

So, I have choices. I can decide that you’re a hypocrite. I can decide that you’re a “performance artist.” Or, I can decide that you’re not nearly as smart as you think you are. I lawfully have those choices because it’s my right. Can you guess which one I'm going to choose?