View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 07:42 PM
Luke Lyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Crap, this will affect my poor ass now. As a collector of oddities and stuff the graders don't know much about (boxing) I have concerns they will reject perfectly good cards and make it a pain. Shipping delay is annoying and eventually being forced to pay off the graders for raw cards will be too, but this is my larger worry.
This is my main worry too. Couple weeks ago I was the first to see a rare card I've wanted and haven't seen one for sale ever. Price wasn't a bargain, but I'm sure someone else would have bought it if I didn't. It didn't pass authentication, and they didn't say why. It's miscut, so could easily get an "Auth" if graded, but the seller didn't list a condition, so that shouldn't have mattered. Anyway, it ended well because I was able to buy it again and this time the authentication thing didn't kick in because it was less than $250. But my worry is you find a cool rare card, they reject it, then the seller sells it to someone else, and you miss out on it for no good reason.