View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 04:10 PM
James M.

I think Jackie Robinson's prices have become properly valued. I think there's a strong argument to be made that he's the greatest 2nd baseman ever, or at least right there with Rajah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
I don't own any of his cards, but I've been saying Jimmie Foxx was going to have a big price hike...for about 20 years now.

Looking at his gaudy stat lines, I feel like if Jimmie Foxx had been on the Yankees and Lou Gehrig had played on several teams like Foxx, their price structures would be reversed.

Then again, imagine Jimmie Foxx and Babe Ruth on the same team. They would have had some epic years, but they also might have had some epic parties and drinking competitions, ruining each other just a little bit at a time along the way.

I do think Foxx is criminally underpriced and underrated. Gehrig does edge him out though in terms of who was better. The stats across the board favor Lou. Not even factoring the years Gehrig was robbed due to his illness. It's not like the teams Foxx were on didn't accomplish anything either.

I will say though, Foxx would be better remembered if he didn't fall off a cliff statistically. Through his age 32 Season he had exactly 500 Home Runs, he was in a good position to break The Babe's record. It's unfortunate what happened to him in the end.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.