View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 12:29 PM
Bob C.

Not to hijack this thread away from its' BST focus, but noticed the recent posts by two brand new forum members in various unrelated threads which are apparently pitching some Chinese warehouse based mining equipment. The latest user just posting in the last 24 hours is Stefaniamine, and the original poster from a few days ago was Dianamine, so obviously whoever is doing this is related, or the same person(s), based on the username similarity. Found it intriguing in that both users posted just four times, listing the exact same ad for their mining equipment, and am now wondering if there is some specific reason they didn't post a fifth time with either username.

Given the issues with scammers and hackers, I would advise everyone to NOT EVER CLICK ON A LINK in such obvious scam posts. The possibility of some malware or virus threat is very real, especially in the world today.

I know that the goal of Net54 is to be friendly, open and welcome to all interested parties, but the potential of such an obvious threat has to make one wonder if the need for some type of a vetting process before allowing new members to post may now, and going forward, be necessary to at least try and reduce/eliminate the threat of scammers and hackers. I do not know if that is even possible.

But the fact that once something like these scam ads are posted, they cannot just simply be removed and deleted by the average Net54 member, like they can from their own email and inboxes. So, if these scam posts are harboring some virus or malware, it would behoove the entire forum community to have them permanently removed and deleted ASAP. In the interim/alternative, I would again strongly advise against anyone clicking on any of the links in such posts!!!