View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 09:29 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by molenick View Post
I was curious, so I clicked on the link. As mentioned, they have changed the description (maybe it was a placeholder?). But could they also have changed the lot # in the middle of an auction? It is Lot #75 (right between two Ruth cards) not Lot #1533 . It also has the most bids of any lot in the auction (I clicked on the left arrow but nothing happened, so I assume this is the lot with the most bids). I would not be livid if this was my consignment (at least not as the lot is currently situated and described).
I'm curious if the litmus test for a good AH is accepting consignments of what is clearly an exceptional card, burying it to lot #1533 giving an insulting description to the card, and only changing things when they get called out on this sub. Is this particular AH so big that they can't take the time or train their staff to get it right before the auction opens? Is that acceptable? Reading some of the comments here it seems so. I would bet dollars to donuts that Brian, Al, or the folks at HA would not treat this card the same way. It smells of Hubris to me but maybe I was raised on old school values.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-