View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 01:07 PM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Here is a little break down collecting the Cycle 460s.

I got back into collecting T206s in 2000, I already had 80 of them. I had decided I would collect up to Demmitt and O'Hare and try to get at least one card of each back. I achieved up to Drum on the back and up to Demmit and O'Hara.

Along the way I got my tenth Cycle 460 (Conroy) and decided it might be fun to try to get all of them, not knowing at the time exactly how many there were. This was prior to PSA putting back designations on their slabs and pop reports seldom factored in the equation.

So the question of who was surprisingly easy and who was unexpectedly tough I had not idea. The Overall yellow is a 1 of 1 in the pop reports at this time and bought before there was any real pop report for Cycle 460s, so I had no idea it was an extremely tough card.

I took the time about ten years ago to verify the fronts and backs. The last one I was able to verify was Schaefer and within a year two more showed up. I am sure there are more ungraded out there that are not accounted for, but only time will tell if and when they show up.

It has been quite the journey with a few bumps in the road including someone using my needs to start their collection. He collected for about 3 years and then sold them off. At that point my needs list was only in trusted hands that came through multiple times.

A bit of a side note, when David Hall was making his run for a master set I never bid on an auction.

Thanks again to everyone that has helped and everyone that makes tis hobby so great.

Lee