View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
The placement seems to be moderately random, or at least their categorization scheme escapes me. Reminds me a lot of Hunt. Still, there are period pieces all around that auction lot number, including Ruth and Joe Jackson cards. So really don't know what was going on there, but I seldom follow Goldin auctions closely.

As for complaints about the lack of description, I consider those to be just whining. How many threads have we seen where people bitch about the lengthy, overly verbose descriptions that "exude" the "dripping color" and "razor-sharp" qualities of some "pristine specimen" and ask that they just be shown a large clear scan with a note of any flaws that might be difficult to see. This is a PSA 8 card of an all-time great player from a rather commonly seen set. If someone doesn't know what the hell they're looking at with this card and can neither calculate possible value or know who to ask/where to look, I have zero sympathy and would suggest they not bid.
I think you're right to an extent but they could have at least put a pop report for the card so the registry folks could get a better picture of its condition scarcity.