View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 02:32 PM
sc0tt_kirkn.er

I think I have a "deal" that is pretty hard to beat, as it is 100% by accident. I have been a ticket broker for the better part of 15 years. In 2011, one of the teams we held season tickets for was the Anaheim Angels. They had a promotion going where if you bought 400 and 500 level seats, you could get 4 season tickets for the price of 2. So, we purchased 4 tickets in 406, A for the equivalent of about $2000. We proceeded to resell all of the tickets that season and netted about a $3000 profit. Stubhub was one of the primary companies we moved our tickets through, and they had an integration deal with all of the MLB teams. So, instead of shipping the physical tickets when they sold, you just scanned in the barcodes. We then tossed all of the scanned tickets into a banker's box and forgot all about them for a decade.

During the Covid lockdown, I noticed a couple of crazy Ebay sales for the Mariners v Angels game from 2011 (Trout's first game), so I went back to box and unearthed all four ticket stubs in essentially mint condition. Over the next three weeks I listed and sold 3 of the 4 tickets for about $1100 each. I have kept one for myself just in case prices go even crazier in the future. So, I basically made over $3000 + the one remaining ticket in a box that I gladly would have let go for $100 before I did my research. To all of the hoarders out there: don't let them throw your stuff away, there is gold in there! LOL