View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 01:57 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I picked up this card years ago when I was purchasing offbeat Ruth cards because they were so cheap, relatively speaking:

Per REA, which is selling a 1.5 condition card now:

"Exceptional and extremely rare example of #60 Babe Ruth from the unusual Jean-Donat Dupont set issued in circa 1936. This card (3 x 2-3/8 inches) is from a multi-subject set issued in France that features 64 different subjects (including athletes, cowboys, planes, etc.) and is one of only two cards in the series representative of the game of baseball. This is an extraordinary card. Few card issues of any type approach the rarity of this unusual issue, which is no doubt related to the fact that they were issued only in France. This is the key card of the set and the first example we have ever offered. The photograph used for this card, dating from the famous 1934 Tour of Japan, features Ruth’s mighty home run swing. "

Pop as between all services is 5 cards, next highest grade besides this one is the 1.5. Needless to say, I am truly intrigued to see what REA gets for the 1.5.

There are a lot more deals to be had on memorabilia and regionals with little history. This was a $10 pick at a local cafd show that I especially relished:

it is from the integrated California League. The guy on the left is Biz Mackie, who played winter ball in the league for 26 seasons.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 04-16-2022 at 02:08 PM.