View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 08:05 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Interesting that it was from the same BST post (WTB 1953 Willie Mays) the first one used. This email is from:

johngoldberg679@gmail.com

At least the 1st one made me think a little - A PSA 2.5 for $2K. This one is a joke - An o/c PSA 2 for $500!

While I agree it is much safer to not post an email or phone#, this is my business and both are easy enough to find - as in this case I do take steps to check people I do not know out.
I received an email at 3:05 AM this morning from this same email address with an offer for a card I had posted a WTB for a little while ago. Just before seeing the updates to this thread, I had emailed him back asking for his net54 ID. One thing that made me suspicious was that the pictures of the card he sent me look exactly like the ones of the same card (including a print defect which helped make it pretty obvious) that I am watching on eBay listed by Kit Young Cards so I was pretty sure they weren't contacting me directly to offer me the card at a slightly higher price than they were selling it for on eBay and their website. I am curious to see if I get a response.