View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 05:46 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
If baseball is dying someone better quickly call Jeff Bezos, Apple and a bunch of other companies and tell them that their business people are way off the reservation.
For whatever reason, you seem to take condescending pleasure in denying or ignoring the undeniable facts that attendance and viewership numbers are seriously down, and that baseball has some serious issues. MLB is attempting to generate 18 to 35 year-old fan interest by changing and tinkering with the game in every possible way without addressing what people perceive (perception is reality) is the number one reason for interest decline: length of games. Length of games is 100% the result of advertising to generate revenue to pay player salaries. Thus, the length of games cannot be shortened. So, not just you, but MLB itself is ignoring or denying facts as well. I guess you can just ignore facts, and everything is great. My wife is one of those "half full" people also. I've just seen enough in my 64 years that I take what would seem to me to be a more realistic way of looking at things.

That said, it is indeed opening day (Yankees - Red Sox got pushed back a day on account of weather), the grass is green...Play Ball!

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***