View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 12:54 PM
dA.N CH@SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Ball-Hitter View Post
Thanks for the reply Peter. That’s really the point: to find reasonably priced cards that are off the radar of some, i.e. not big rookies or vintage stars, both of which are priced out. Looking for items that are obtainable with room to grow.
For me these stickers are blah and I don't think they have any growth potential. I actually think some of the HOF rookies are much better buys from the 1969 Topps set until the 1981 Topps set. I also hate modern cards, but some of the insert sets from 2013 to 2016 Panini are really rare and undervalued as well. Here are some suggestions on cards that could be off the radar.
  1. HOF on card autos - I know some players sign a lot, but a lot don't. Some of the current Panini on card autos are gorgeous!
  2. 1996 Topps 50th Anniversary - Rarer than Topps Chrome and priced much lower. Plus these cards won't hulk. You can get HOF rookies like Allen, Kobe, Iverson, Nash for really decent prices.
  3. I am starting to put together some 1990's insert sets and refractors for HOF players. I am putting together the 1992 Beam Team set right now. A lot of junk wax collectors are still coming into the hobby and these are the cards of their past.

At this point the market is what it is and finding undervalued cards is pretty much impossible. Everything has been pumped at one point.