View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 06:44 PM
Jonathan Weil
Jon.than We.il

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
I refer to the AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 and UZIT cards as "matched pairs". American Lithographic printed 74 cards of each, using the same pre-printed
sheets of the fronts of these 74 subjects.
My theory is....AB 460 and UZIT cards (74 each) were the final production runs of the T206 set (circa Spring 1911). Checklists will follow.
I may add that I also think that a number of LENOX cards were printed in that same timeframe.

I will start this show with my first AB 460 (Wheat), and my favorite (Cobb). I have 73 of the 74 cards in this sub-set (need only Camnitz).

. .

And, here is my first UZIT (Schaefer) and my pride and joy (McGraw).
This sub-set is a work in progress.
. . .

OK....it's your turn to Show-n-Tell some of your favorite T206 backs and as many of their cards as you desire.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Ted, I can’t help myself and have to ask . . . You said there are 74 subjects with AB 460 backs. T206 Resource’s AB 460 checklist shows 75 confirmed subjects. Which subject on their list do you believe is a false positive? I don’t have a dog in this hunt, and I’m not working on an AB subset. So I don’t know the answer and haven’t done any research on this to date. You also know from our previous exchanges that T206 Resource still shows three false positives on its EPDG checklist (Pastorius, Hunky Shaw and Willett). So I’m making no presumptions that T206 Resource’s AB 460 list is correct. I’d just like to know. Getting 73 subjects with AB 460 backs is quite the accomplishment.

Here’s a link to their AB 460 checklist: https://t206resource.com/American%20...Checklist.html