View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 09:49 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampsfan View Post
Thank you for this. While I post here intermittently, and read daily, I try and stay neutral here. However, on this topic I struggle to do so.
Given that, as someone who lives in Western Canada, I (and many others up here) cannot understand why your current president is so against getting this resource from us. The US imports approximately 660,000 Barrels of Oil a day from Russia. Keystone was going to supply slightly more than that on a daily basis. It is stopped in its tracks on day 1 of the new term. Then as prices goes up, he goes to Saudi and basically says "Pump more oil... oh yeah, and sell it to us."
Now Venezuela, Iraq, and OPEC are approached to provide more. No mention of coming to Canada for supply.
Canada has the third largest reserves in the world. We have among the highest environmental standards in the world. Canada is not going to invade any other democratic country. We don't kill reporters.
We in Western Canada simply don't understand the logic and bias.
Bravo Bob. As a Canadian, you expressed it best. I am a life-long registered Democrat and, of course, am utterly baffled why Biden cancelled the Keystone Pipeline at a time when the US now has a dire energy problem. Politics as usual, I fear, to keep the far left and the Greens mollified. How short term can you get, the same problem that has gotten the US in messes many times, and we don't seem to learn. Bob, I presume that Canada could pump and export enough non-Keystone oil to fill the 7% energy shortfall we will incur as Russian exports cease. With your vast reserves, I would think so. Anything is better than bringing in oil from those rogue states, Venezuela, Iran, and the Saudis.
I have several dear Canadian friends in Ontario (Lake Simco area) who always says US actions keep them guessing.
Leon, I haven't forgotten the card rule. I picked up, on Ebay of all places, a beautiful PSA5 Rochester Baking Jack Lapp. Deals can be hard to sniff out on Ebay but they are there.