View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 07:02 PM
Curt

Sorry about that. I meant to comment and got sidetracked. He didn't give me much more, but he did mention that there was some sort of "side" deal between the artist Bob Clark and Padres President Ballard Smith, who were friends. He could not recall, but thought that maybe they were offered in the Padre gift shop. it was not something official or run through the normal channels or approvals though and he noted that Smith never got involved in anything like it again.

When I asked about them, he did offer me a one of a kind original art piece, 20 x 32 of Bob Owchinco. If you had any interest, I could put him in touch with you. He was asking $350 + Shipping from So Cal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4reals View Post
I also have a set of the 1973 Dean’s photo cards and it too is missing Davenport. My 73 Dean’s Winfield is currently at PSA. When it comes back I’ll be selling the set. When it comes to publications adding items that don’t exist, it also works the other way where you can’t find items catalogued that do exist.

I have these and can’t find anything about them anywhere. They are also on linen paper and are oversized. mrmopar has a Padres friend/contact that knows about them but they haven’t divulged the 411 yet.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3424.jpg (73.5 KB, 240 views)