View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 10:16 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
They do, but did you like it better when the IRS was toothless and people weren't paying their fair share? Why blame the currently-elected people for this?

My students have games to play when it's indoor recess. Two of the games have a gazillion pieces, and often they are left lying around. So I have pulled those games from the shelf. Some students blame me because they can't play them now, and some students blame the kids who couldn't clean the games up in the first place. Who would you blame?
I think it’s an undeniable fact that a particular party that won the last election wrote the bill and voted for it. One can debate whether the IRS should be going after people making a few hundred dollars on the side and be for or against it, but I don’t see how we can possibly deny that the policy is in effect because of the currently elected people that wrote and passed it.

This part, that it happened and a certain group made it happen, I don’t see any room for a debate on. They wrote it, they passed it, they are responsible for these new laws. If that’s good or bad is up to the individual.