View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 08:29 PM
dA.N CH@SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Dandor,

What EXACTLY did Ebay say in their communication to you? Sending you a 1099-K form if you had not yet met the required threshold for 2021 in and of itself is technically not a mistake. The rule simply mandates that someone like Ebay must prepare and send you a 1099-K form when your sales (and number of transactions in 2021) reach a certain amount. If you didn't reach those threshold amounts, there's no law or rule that says Ebay (or whomever) still can't send you a 1099-K reporting your 2021 sales, regardless of what they were.
They screwed up with everyone in California. I had less than $4000 in sales and less than 150 transactions. This is exactly what we were told. I received my 1099-K form in the mail today. Part of me is on the fence about if eBay truly didn't send the form to the IRS/CFTB. I guess I could take their word, but the mailed 1099-K form has me concerned.

A recent technical issue resulted in a 1099-K form being incorrectly provided to you. Please disregard the incorrect 1099-K form. The incorrect 1099-K form was not sent to the IRS or California Franchise Tax Board.

We’re working to resolve the issue and ensure that it will not happen again. Unless you had more than $20,000 in gross sales and 200 transactions in 2021, we will not submit a 1099-K form to the IRS or the California Franchise Tax Board.

We sincerely apologize for the error and any inconvenience this may have caused.

As always, thanks for selling on eBay, and for being part of the eBay community.

The eBay Selling Team

Last edited by Dandor; 02-07-2022 at 08:34 PM.