View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 05:51 PM
dA.N CH@SE

I am really confused on what to do now for taxes. In the past I just kept spreadsheets and paid taxes on net profits. However, eBay accidentally sending out 1099-K forms has me a little worried.

eBay assured all California people that got 1099-K forms in the mail that this was a mistake and that they didn't send the forms to the IRS/California Franchise Tax Board. I for one can't trust eBay and I have no idea if they are telling the truth here.

If I use the 1099-K form that eBay gave me and the IRS/CFTB didn't get it, would this raise red flags? Or would they not care?

I am leaning towards using this 1099-K form, even if eBay says to disregard it. I have a feeling that I will do my taxes as usual and if I don't use the 1099-K form and eBay actually sent it, that I would get a bill for the 1099-K and have to amend my taxes to deal with this nonsense.

For people in California who got the 1099-K form we are supposed to throw out because it was a mistake, what are you going to do? Are you going to ignore it or use it?