Thread: Priced Out?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 06:54 PM
Bob Andrews

I had been on a mission to complete the Topps sets I remembered and loved from 1957 to 1979. Over the past decade I'd made good progress with just a few sets still to complete. But the crazy prices I faced when dealing with the '67 high numbers over the last year or two had me rethinking that original goal.

I've turned my attention to building my publication collection (Baltimore Orioles, Colts and NY Rangers programs), finding wire service photos of players I collect, and piecing together some fun non-sports sets I's been slowly building over the years.

I still have a hand in the baseball/football card market. When attempting a set I almost always started with a single purchase of 100-200 commons in a lot and there were usually some stinkers mixed in. With some patience and perseverance I've found that there are nicely conditioned commons still to be had a good prices.

So I'm staying active in the hobby but it seems unlikely I'll do another set chase any time soon.