View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 06:40 PM
Ray VDB

I've been on eBay since 1997 and have over 4000 completed purchases. Of these, about 50 were lost in the mail or received but not as described. In most cases I was able to work it out directly with the seller or through eBay's resolution process to get a refund. That's about 1.5% of my purchases where I was not satisfied, which was higher than I thought but probably about as expected. Granted I don't play in the $750+ zone, but is this really that much of an issue where this was required? Seems to me the fakes are fairly obvious, and where they are not they sometimes fool the grading companies which makes the CGC/CSG part a moot point. It's not like this process would have picked up on Logan Paul's fake Pokémon case, the fake authenticated Messi signatures, or the Chrome wiped and re-signed cards that have been in the news recently.

Oh wait ... "Not only is the new card packaging secure and stylish, but it was also designed to be folded into a stand—perfect for showing your cards off." I changed my mind, this is the best thing ever!!!