View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 07:57 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Other than LeBron, I don't see anyone ever being as versatile as Magic was. He was a point guard who often moved down to power forward in the half court set, and in a pinch he could play freaking center and score 40 points in the NBA final, still one of the most amazing things I ever saw. He was a revolutionary too, nobody that big had ever played the point that well or maybe at all, nobody had ever ripped the ball out of the net and started a fast break off a made basket. And I don't think anyone had stood at the top of the key waiting for his forwards to cut and then whipped the ball between five people into someone's hands for a layup. If anything he is underrated lol.
Yep. Watching Showtime all those years here in LA on local TV (yeah, that existed), it was just incredible, like I felt watching Dr. J with the Nets as a kid in NYC. The man was a magician out there. Grabs the ball and somehow it ends up in Worthy's hands for a finger roll or in Scott's hands for a jumper, or into Kareem for a skyhook.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 01-29-2022 at 07:59 AM.