View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 06:01 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Okay. So nobody cares about steroids, despite the heavy press and fan focus for the last quarter century on them. References to steroids (and racial slurs) are being removed in the media and old archival footage. The interview was either completely hidden or cleverly edited by a cabal or something working to hide steroid admissions to eliminate Pedro’s blatant admission to steroid use, because nobody cares anyways.

Does this nationally televised event being memory holed by a secret conspiracy truly sound more reasonable to conclude than that the event is being misremembered and it did not happen as claimed?

I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell, while the pigs are flying.
Honestly, I realized nobody cares about steroids when Manny came back from his suspension to a hero's welcome. And to all the people who want to condemn the juicers and maybe-juicers, who want to make Bud and the owner pariahs, can I assume they stopped watching baseball in the late 90's? Because to blame the players and the union and the owners and the writers for doing nothing about steroids, but still going to games and buying the gear and all of that seems hypocritical to me. Fake stats or not, 1998 was an immensely enjoyable season to watch, and about the only person I can remember who cared about steroids then was Rick Reilly.