View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 12:50 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnphotoman View Post
Looking to see if anyone has first-hand knowledge or knows of someone who has personally collected baseball photos within the following parameters: 1940s-1950s, black and white 8x10 photos, on photo paper. The backs are blank and have no branding as to the manufacturer like Eastman Kodak Co. So before photo paper had the manufacturer's name put on the back of photo paper. With names on them in a facsimile autographs style.
I should explain, I have a collection of over 100 such photos. No real proof as to what they are. Have had many different people say what they could be, but no first-hand proof.
My thoughts are, if someone has collected these, they might know more. Many of the photos match some baseball cards, down to the exact style, name is exactly the same on photos and cards, even some misspelling. Some photos match some bb cards but no name on them as the photos… The bb cards that match the photos are ...1947 Bond Bread round and square-cornered cards-Bond Bread Exhibits and Premiums. Berk Ross Hit Parade of Champions 1950 and 52. R 423 1950. HRT/RES 1977 reprints of 1947 bb cards. Thanks, John.
Maybe some images of what you're describing would help?