View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 08:51 PM
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.Ÿ.Σ

The eBay baseball card buying and selling experience has gradually deteriorated, especially over the past few years. First, purchasing cards became more expensive when states began collecting sales taxes.

Second, the new required managed payment system has decreased sellers. I personally know a few small sellers that refused to give eBay their banking information and no longer sell their cards on it now.

Third, this new 1099 standard will push even more sellers out the door. I know sellers always should’ve reported their profits, but now big brother is really watching. This will scare some sellers off, and create headaches for others.

Fourth, at some point in the future, eBay plans on lowering the authentication amount to just $250.00. This will undoubtedly increase my wait time. The seller will have to ship the raw $250 card to the grader, it will probably sit at the grader’s place for a while, and then the grader will eventually mail it to me when it certifies the card is authentic. How long will this entire process take? Who wants to now wait two months to receive a raw $250 eBay card purchase? No thanks.