View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 08:21 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Now there's one for the books. How did you ever end up there, since that is something you intentionally planned to attend, and not just a random happening, like Ben and I experienced?

That is heavy!
Well I was young......late teens I believe, maybe 20....and pretty sure we heard it on the radio, and were like we got nothing to do let's go check it out.

So we drove about 45 minutes......and when we got to the main road leading into the prison....it was crazy. The atmosphere that is. Almost like tailgating at a sporting event. Music playing, people partying. Signs, oh lots of signs.....and for both sides. Those for the death penalty and for those against.

There was no violence though. Just party-ers, and I guess you call them protestors.

And it approached midnight, or maybe it was to happen at 11pm, but as the time neared. The nuns etc were praying, and the partiers, and if you had ever been to a White Sox game in the 80's and 90's you knew there song "nah nah nah, nah nah nah, hey hey goodbye"......well that's what the partiers were singing that.....and doing a countdown like it was New Year's Eve.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 01-25-2022 at 08:23 PM.